Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Kindness of a Little Flower

The Kindness of a
Little Flower



“How shall I show my love is proved by deeds? Well - the
little child will strew flowers...she will embalm the Divine Throne with their
fragrance, will sing with silvery voice the canticle of love.



Yes, my Beloved, it is thus that my life's brief day shall
be spent before Thee. No other means have I of proving my love than to strew
flowers; that is, to let no little sacrifice escape me, not a look, not a word,
to avail of the very least actions and do them for Love. I wish to suffer for
Love's sake and for Love's sake even to rejoice; thus shall I strew flowers.
Not one shall I find without shedding its petals for Thee...and then I will
sing, I will always sing, even if I must gather my roses in the very midst of
thorns - and the longer and sharper the thorns the sweeter shall be my song.”
St. Therese the Little Flower (The Story of a Soul)

I can find nothing to add to this…perhaps one of you may
have some insight to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment