Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wanda

Today I was out with a friend that I met recently. We went to "Kopps" for ice cream with our children 3 total - ages 4 and under. The kids tried very hard to sta...y quiet but then they just couldn't and started running around. My friend was beginning to feel embarrassed because people began to leave. I made her laugh by saying we will be the talk of their dinner tables tonight. Soon it was just us and our children, it was then that she asked me about my church. We talked about it for a while and she asked about children's programs. I was able to invite her to come to church with me and my family. Now I should mention that this was the 3rd time we talked about it but today was the first time that she really seemed interested. ----- So, long story short. By our children clearing the room out. God was able to allow for a fairly quiet moment for us to talk about him. I was able to share my excitement and love for my church to get her willing to come and hear about Him.--- I find it amazing that God can use a child's restlessness as the perfect time to see God's love and his hand in our days. ---- I do wish though that I could apologize to the people who cleared out though. I feel that we disrupted their day and that was not kind. But God was able to use that situation for his Glory and that is the point I am trying to make. God knew that my friend had a need. That need was to hear. I spoke the words God put into my mouth. I feel it will take a few more conversations and a few more invites for her to be fully ready to come to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment