Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tomorrow

Tomorrow our little practice begins in earnest, and so I
just wanted to share a couple of thoughts with you all.

First off-“40 Days” has become truly global! From Europe to Africa, From the Pacific Rim
to the Americas, From Asia to Oceania and even Elephant Island, Antarctica (but
only in the summer). We are represented on every continent! That just amazes
me-although I can’t give you any good reason why it should. The
love and kindness we desire to know and share knows no geographical limits.

Second-I have noticed a potential danger in this over the
past several days—There have been times when I’m visiting our group and have
nothing to say, and I find myself tempted to “force it” of “fake it” in order
to feel as though I “fit in”. As if something to post is the price of admission
to our little fellowship. And I would suppose that if I feel like that, there
are probably others who do as well. Let me address this by borrowing a thought
from “The Big Book” of Alcoholics Anonymous

“Do not be
discouraged. No one among us has been able to maintain anything like perfect
adherence to these principles…the point is that we are willing to grow…we claim
progress, rather than perfection.”

And lastly-I’d like to leave you with this image from a
Chinese proverb I was reminded of last night; “Fragrance lingers on the hand
that offers roses.”

Grace and peace to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment